Hello and welcome!
This is the inaugural episode of the official PSR Podcast. In it, we provide a condensed introduction to TX politics, including how the legislative process works, elections in the state, and how you can get involved with both.
If you would like to submit a PERSONAL NARRATIVE for us to publish on the podcast, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requirements for narratives:
- May be sent as a a standard audio file (.wav, .mp3, etc.) or as a written document if you would prefer we read it. Narratives should be three minutes or less.
- Please specify in your email whether you would like to be identified by name and local PSR-affiliated chapter or that you prefer to remain anonymous.
- Narratives can be angry, passionate, and intense, but they must contain a constructive element.
- Any audio recordings must be clear (you can find tips for getting a good recording on your smart phone or tablet here: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/great-tips-recording-audio-smartphone-tablet/).
Supplemental Materials for Episode 1
Calls to Action links
- Women’s March on Austin Official Website: https://marchonaustin.com/ – You can find march information, including buses coming in from other cities in Texas, as well as order merchandise and donate to the march. *NOTE* If you cannot make the march in Austin, smaller marches are going on in some additional Texas cities, including Houston and Dallas. You can find the closest march to you here: https://www.womensmarch.com/sisters/
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) of Texas 2017 Capitol Day info can be found here: http://namitexas.org/capitol-day/
- Check out the Countable App! We here at the PSR Podcast use it and love it! You can get more information here: https://www.countable.us/
Weekly Education links
- Here is the script for our education segment on Texas Politics 101
We stated convicted felons in Texas are not eligible to vote. HOWEVER, once they have 1) completed their sentence and 2) completed their parole, they MAY vote in Texas.
If you have any suggestions for future episodes, comments or questions, or if you would like to join the podcast team please email us at email@example.com or comment below.
Pantsuit On! xo