Harvey Resources for the Immigrant Community

“Undocumented parents and guardians can apply on behalf of a minor child who lives with them and who is a U.S. citizen or a qualified alien and has a Social Security number. FEMA or the Social Security Administration can help you obtain a Social Security number for a minor child (Social Security Numbers for Children). FEMA does not ask questions about citizenship or immigration status of other household members and no information will be gathered.”

Website here:


Latest list of Hurricane Harvey shelters around Houston area. abc13.co/2wAlyLS


Also, State Bar has legal resources to help during #HurricaneHarvey ow.ly/hDZL30eGLOx


*Can’t emphasize enough how any non U.S. citizens (like legal permanent residents & folks with DACA) should never say they are U.S. citizens, especially on govt forms.*

FEMA Hurricane Harvey specific resources: https://www.fema.gov/hurricane-harvey?utm_source=hp_promo&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=disaster


Applying for assistance (you can input your address & see if if your area has been declared for individual assistance): https://www.disasterassistance.gov/help/faqs


Note the FAQs provide further info about being undocumented & getting help 🙂

Stay safe, Texas!