March 12, 2017
Hello Pantsuit Republic!
LAST WEEK’S ACHIEVEMENTS
- Our Political Empowerment Team rolled out the first two
installments of our ongoing #AboutFace campaign, including a
short educational video, “How to Win in 2018 and Beyond”.
- This week’s C2As included continued opposition of SB 25,
which, if passed, would make it legal for MDs to withhold vital
information from a woman about the health and safety of her
pregnancy. We also continue to oppose the egregious SB 6 or
“Bathroom Bill”. Let people pee with dignity!
- PSR Podcast Episode 8 – Non-Profit Spotlight: Grassroots
Leadership and Undocumented Immigrant Detention and
- About Face is an ambitious educational and digital fundraising
campaign to change the face of leadership across the state of
Texas. We will post weekly over the next 1-2 months about
civic and voter engagement, challenges to manipulate and
suppress democracy, and calls to action to surmount these
challenges. Everyday we will include an opportunity to consider
giving to our ally organizations, Mi Familia Vota or the Texas
Organizing Project (TOP). Original post:
- PSR is recruiting volunteers to help manage our Snapchat
Account. Message Dona Pacem Nobis on FB if you are
- The Women’s Rights and Equality Team continues to work on
our Tweetable Fact Sheet. Message Rixi Melton on FB if you
are interested in helping with this project.
- If you signed up to track a legislator and already submitted a
form, you should have received an update e-mail from Rixi
Melton. If you’ve signed up but have not submitted the form,
please do so. This is the most important time to be checking in
with State Senators and House Representatives about their
upcoming calendar and town halls because they tend to
schedule them toward the end of the legislative session.
CALLS TO ACTION
- Email Senator Eddie Lucio to vote against SB 6. When you do,
blind copy us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All
details are on the original post:
- Use this tiny url to access our vetted PSR calls to action daily.
While we focus on statewide calls to action, we will also feature
national calls to action coordinated with our sister
- Keep an eye out for our call script in support of H.B. 2702, THE
MOST COMPREHENSIVE CRIMINAL JUSTICE REFORM IN
See you NEXT week!
Dona Kim Murphey
Creator of the Secret Facebook Group, Pantsuit Republic